View IT Assist in a larger map 

Easy ways to get the answers you need. Chat now or call/sms us at +678 7799677 or +6787799618.

We also provide remote support via Team Viewer.

Daryl Moon resigned as Pacinet 2010 committee

Apologies for my late reply to Andrew's request (below).

My reasons for resigning from the PACINET committee were (and remain) as follows:

  1. Lack of communication between our committee and PICISOC.  We discussed issues at great length and did a lot of work in preparation but the ideas and issues never seemed to get to the PICISCO committee for discussion/decisions.  We wasted a lot of time and effort as a result.  Nothing seemed to get actioned and this does not seem to have changed much and the conference date is looming fast.
  2. I have a very busy full time job and cannot afford to have my valuable time away from work wasted.  This impacts my family and friends and I have too little of that time now (as I am constantly reminded!).
  3. Total lack of response from PICISOC board members to the attacks made on us on the PICISOC mailing list.  I thought this was pretty poor that no-one ever contacted me to express any comment or apology or anything at all about the way we were treated and the comments made by other PICISOC mailing list members.  We were very diplomatically trying to say "Your PICISOC website is crap and we need to do something better to market the PaciNet 2010 event" to a much wider audience.  Our suggestion was a new site for the even linked back to the PICISOC website.
  4. Having read Dans comments late last week I must also say that I tend to agree with his position.  We are happy to assist, advise, share our experiences etc, but at the end of the day it is a Vanuatu event and not an event that should be run by expats.

I am happy to continue to provide any advice and support that you may require but not as a member of the organizing committee.  It is time for some others to step up and make a contribution to their big event.

Kind regards


Daryl Moon


No comments: