View IT Assist in a larger map 

Easy ways to get the answers you need. Chat now or call/sms us at +678 7799677 or +6787799618.

We also provide remote support via Team Viewer.

Why my youtube video cache disappeared?

by Matt Temar

Environment: Windows 7, Firefox 3.6.3

I just watched a youtube video cache disappeared in front of me. No
idea where the file go.
[ How to find cache directory: Type 'About:cache' in url box and enter ]
[ or explore to
username\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\dgxsdw2l.default\Cache
]

The video is now intact and can be played offline but where did the cache go?

A google search revealed over 40mb video size will disappear in Chrome
v4 and 5, a bug? still unclear, and could be other browsers too (users
have to test and provide results, maybe I have). others say file has
moved to another dir.
[ How: Open google and search for topic ]

Where did it go?

I checked my cache settings and I have 50mb cache size, path and
directory settings are correct.
[ how: About:cache ]

I decided to report the bug to mozilla [support.mozilla.com] and also
explore the steps to take in submitting bugs to mozilla but to my
surprise, the guide revealed not much have been reported on the issue.
Maybe I am wrong or maybe there is an easy fix.

Well more research could not yield better results, so I decide to
increase my Firefox cache storage size to fix the problem, let the
missing cache go away and maybe a bug not resolved in all firefox v-
and v+.
[ How: click Tools -> Option -> Network -> Cache ]

I need to restart my Firefox.
[How: Quit:silly ;) ]

1 comment:

Admin said...

yeah, I found it too. I still don't have idea till now. googling and came here, you didn't find the answer too. :D